In this groundbreaking new book, Nik Sharma scientist, food blogger, and author of the buzz-generating cookbook Season, guides home cooks on an exploration of flavor in more than 100 recipes.
I couldn't wait to add this book to my shelf; it is truly a must-have addition to the library of serious home cooks. It is gorgeous to leaf through and every page offers an education, as well as, mouth-watering recipes. If you are curious about the 'why' of food, this is your book.
• Provides inspiration and knowledge to both home cooks and seasoned chefs
• An in-depth exploration into the science of taste
• Features Nik Sharma’s evocative, trademark photography style
The Flavor Equation is an accessible guide to elevating elemental ingredients to make delicious dishes that hit all the right notes, every time.
Here is a sample of some of the luscious recipes
- Saltiness: Roasted Tomato and Tamarind Soup
- Sweetness: Honey Turmeric Chicken Kebabs with Pineapple
- Savoriness: Blistered Shishito Peppers with Bonito Flakes
- Richness: Coconut Milk Cake.
Nik dives deep into the most basic of our pantry items—salts, oils, sugars, vinegars, citrus, peppers, and more
Perfect gift for home cooks who want to learn more beyond recipes, those interested in the science of food and flavor, and readers of Lucky Peach, Serious Eats, Indian-Ish, and Koreatown
Add it to the shelf with cookbooks like The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji López-Alt; Ottolenghi Flavor: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi, and Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat.
Nik Sharma is the writer, photographer, and recipe developer behind A Brown Table, an award-winning blog, and Season, his first cookbook, which was featured on the New York Times best cookbooks list in Fall 2018. Nik lives in Santa Monica, California.